Regardless of physical or mental impairment, the need to teach children respect for disabled people is growing fast. As a parent, you have a golden opportunity to teach your child the words and actions needed to treat disabled people with kindness and respect.
This parenting guidebook provides step-by-step suggestions for helping you communicate disability as a normal part of the human experience. Learn how to:
- Teach appropriate etiquette
- Answer common disability questions from kids
- Encourage suitable everyday language
- Explain both mental and physical disability basics
- Cultivate a disability-accepting environment at home
Finally, this is not a typically-wordy parenting book. Instead, all Modern Parent Guidebooks are intentionally written succinctly to help parents find pertinent information quickly.